The much-anticipated Amtrak® 50th Anniversary “Day 1” #301 ALC-42 Charger Diesel Electric Locomotive in HO scale is finally here! This highly detailed, limited-production model features the Amtrak “Day 1” livery and is now available in very limited quantities.
Equipped with TCS WOWSound®, a CD-quality 16-bit 44,100Hz decoder with Audio Assist® (for easy configuration without programming CVs) and a Keep-Alive® device for uninterrupted track operation, the ALC-42 brings all the sights and sounds of the newest Amtrak diesel-electric locomotive to your layout.
- DCC sound-equipped for sound, speed, direction, and lighting control
- TCS true CD quality audio in 16-bit 44,100Hz sound
- Keep-Alive® device that keeps your engine running during power interruptions due to dirty track or loss of electrical contact
- Voice-guided Audio Assist® programming tool for easy set-up of almost all decoder functionality
- Dual-mode NMRA-compliant decoder
- Directional headlights
- Interior corridor work lights
- Marker lights
- Steady/alternate flashing ditch lights
- Die-cast frame
- Separately applied windshield wipers, grab irons and detail parts
- Performs best on 22” radius curves or greater