As the 1920s progressed, the need for faster, more powerful locomotives to pull the 20th Century Limited and other famous trains along the New York Central’s routes become clear. The American Locomotive Company fulfilled that need in 1927, as the 4-6-4 Hudson type entered service along its namesake Hudson River. The Hudson became an iconic symbol of both the New York Central and fast, luxury rail travel.
Factory-set for 4-6-4 maximum realism and equipped with an Econami™ SoundTraxx® steam package, the locomotive offers a choice of 16 whistles, multiple variations of 6 bell types, 4 prototypical chuffs, 5 air pumps and 4 dynamos, plus cylinder cocks, grade-crossing signal, blowdown, brake squeal/release, coupling/uncoupling, water stop, and "All aboard"/ coach doors—all in 16-bit polyphonic sound.
Bachmann Alco 4-6-4 Hudson Steam Locomotive - New York Central #5426 (As Delivered), N Scale
- DCC sound-equipped with Econami™ Sound Value package
- Dual-mode NMRA-compliant decoder
- Precision motor
- Authentic Boxpok-style drivers
- Operating headlight and tender backup light
- Completely hidden drive train
- Gear drive
- Separate detail parts, including bell, whistle, pop valves, and handrails
- Die-cast chassis
- Metal driver axle bearings
- E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers, rear; extra front dummy coupler in down position included
- Performs best on 11.25" radius curves or greater
This product is shipped from our supplier's warehouse in Berkeley Heights, NJ, United States
This product is brand new and includes the manufacturer's warranty, so you can buy with confidence.
A 25% handling charge is levied against all authorized returns except those due to our error. Unauthorized returns are subject to a 40% handling charge. Damages & defects must be reported to us within 14 days.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
You recently viewed items