GMD developed the F59PH for GO Transit who was looking to replace its aging locomotive fleet. Capable of quick acceleration while pulling up to 10 Hawker-Siddeley/UTDC Bi-Level coaches, and saving on fuel, the turbocharged 12-cylinder two-stroke diesel was powered with a separate 600hp GM 8-cylinder diesel HEP generator.
In 1994 GO sold four units to Dallas’ Trinity Railway Express, with surplus locomotives leased to West Coast Express in British Columbia and Metrolink, Southern California's commuter rail system serving Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Ventura counties, as well as to Oceanside in San Diego County.
Rapido® F59ph Locomotive - Metrolink #857, Ho Scale
- Scaled from field measurements & diagrams of a GO F59PH
- End metal handrails with plastic stanchions
- Incredible underframe including traction motor cables and other piping, and a ridiculous number of separately applied parts
- All-metal etched grilles
- Full cab interior
- Heavy, die-cast chassis with Rapido’s NEW coreless motor with dual flywheels and silky-smooth drive
- Operating headlights, rear light, and ditch lights
- GO units feature functioning tri-color class lights (white, green and red)
- American units feature functioning red marker lights
- Accurate sounds recorded from a GM 12-710G3A
- DCC/Sound units come equipped with an ESU LokSound decoder
This product is shipped from our supplier's warehouse in Berkeley Heights, NJ, United States
This product is brand new and includes the manufacturer's warranty, so you can buy with confidence.
A 25% handling charge is levied against all authorized returns except those due to our error. Unauthorized returns are subject to a 40% handling charge. Damages & defects must be reported to us within 14 days.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
You recently viewed items