The Walthers Cornerstone® HO Diesel House model is patterned after structures used by railroads across the continent. At many yards, the diesel house is a hotbed of activity.
Arriving locomotives are run through the structure where mechanics check them over and make light repairs and adjustments. If major defects are noted, the units are "bad ordered" and shipped off to the road's backshop for further work.
Perfect for use alongside other Walthers engine servicing facility structures, this kit includes realistic interior inspection walkways and below-track inspection pits. There's even room inside for adding an overhead traveling crane, for more authenticity. The building holds diesels up to 17" long on three tracks - perfect for classic or modern diesels. Buildings like this are still in use across the land, so the Diesel House will look at home on your 1950s or later pike.
- Based on a must-have diesel servicing structure
- Interior Inspection Pits, Platforms and Craneway
- Use with classic or modern power
- Hold locos up to 17" 43.1cm long
- Molded in appropriate colors with clear plastic window glazing