The M920 is part of the M915 series of military trucks built by A.M General Corp. It is used to transport heavy loads on semi-trailers both on and off roads. The truck has a longer wheelbase than the M916 and is equipped with an air operated “pusher axle” rated at 20,000lbs. for extra payload capacity and Jake brakes on the engine. Behind the cab is a 45,000lb hydraulic powered winch and oversized fifth wheel for trailers using 3 inch kingpins.
The M920 is powered by the Cummins Model NTC-400, 400 bhp @ 2100 rpm engine with a Caterpillar 7155 air-shift semi-Automatic (16 forward gears, 2 reverse) transmission and centrifugal clutch. Brakes are air exhaust, drum type. The M920 Truck, Tractor MET, 8x6 w/winch is equipped with a pusher axle for equalizing the load on the rear axles.M920 Tractor w/M870A1 Semi Trailer
- Scale: 1:35
- Item Type: Plastic Model Armor Kit
- Length: 21.4"mm Width: 3.7"
- Total Parts: 780+
- Photo Etched Parts
- 16 Sprues, trailer chassis and tires
- Released Date: April 2021
- Extra Features: Full drive train assembly complete with engine transmission, differential housing and suspension units. The main tires are hollow rubber with very good tread pattern included as well as sidewall details consisting of raised section ribs.
- Tractor in illustration NOT included in kit