The electric GG-1 was introduced in the 1930s by the Pennsylvania Railroad, which needed a locomotive that could carry more rolling stock at greater speeds. Its dynamic streamlined design captured the public’s imagination and made it the star of countless movies and advertisements.This DCC-ready model features include:
- All new tooling
- Die-cast frame
- 12-wheel drive
- Twin operating metal pantographs that can be powered by overhead wire if desired
- Soft white LED directional headlights with dimming function
- Factory-installed 8-pin socket ready for DCC decoder installation of your choice
- E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers.
- Performs best on 22" radius curves or greater.