American Locomotive Company introduced the 1,000 horsepower (746 kW) S-4 diesel electric switchers in 1949. Equipped with AAR type A switcher trucks and powered by the ALCO 539 turbocharged, 6-cylinder diesel, several are still in use on short lines throughout the U.S to this day.
Scaled from actual prototype measurements
- Fine scale handrails
- Separately-applied coupler cut levers, air hoses, piping, etc.
- Directional LED lighting (includes cab rear headlight)
- Die-cast hood & chassis for improved pulling performance
- Dual-flywheels for maximum performance at all speeds
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Exceptional painting and printing
- Atlas Master® Gold version features ESU LokSound Decoder